Friday, March 28, 2008

Sticky Frosting

Sticky Pink Frosting

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
4 ½ tsp. Gelatin (strawberry or other flavor)
¼ tsp cream of tartar
Dash of salt
2 eggs white

½ tsp. vanilla


Boil together first 5 ingredients stirring until the sugar dissolves. Slowly add to unbeaten egg whites, beating constantly at high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla. This frosting is very good on Angel Food Cake.

My friend Robin Wilson gave me this recipe and she serves it on a sponge cake and puts sprinkles on it. It looks beautiful and it is yummy. Courtney and Aubrey like to frost white cake cupcakes with it.

1 comment:

LindaG said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe! I bet this is the frosting my grandmother always used to put on my Angel Food birthday cakes.

With sticky pink frosting. :)